BRAVIA Sync is Sony’s multimedia technology for controlling other Sony devices (such as a camcorder or Blu-ray player) with just the BRAVIA TV’s remote control.
For example, if your Blu-ray Disc player is connected to your BRAVIA TV with an HDMI cable, you can watch a movie by simply pressing one button on your BRAVIA’s remote control. Or, if you connect the Cyber-shot camera to a BRAVIA TV via HDMI, you can use the TV remote control to view photos and videos stored on the camera.
- Turn the device on or off
- Navigating the Device Menu
- Playback control
- Adjusting the device’s volume
Important: For this feature to work properly, devices must be connected to each other with certified HDMI cables.
Controlling Bravia Sync Compatible Equipment
To control Bravia Sync compatible equipment with the TV remote control, simply follow the procedure below
- First of all, you need to make sure that the “Control for HDMI” setting is activated on the devices (control for HDMI)
- On the TV, press the HOME button , then select Settings > [External Inputs] > [HDMI Set-up] > [Control for HDMI] > [On]
- In the settings of other devices in your system, enable the “ Control for HDMI (Control for HDMI) ” function. For details, refer to the operating instructions for the connected equipment.
- Then press the SYNC MENU button on the TV remote control, select [HDMI Device Selection] and select the desired equipment.
NOTE: Bravia Sync compatible equipment (excluding audio systems) will be listed under [Inputs] in the main menu as a new input device.
Controlling Bravia Sync compatible equipment (Sony not Android TV)
- Press the HOME button on the TV.
- Scroll down to [Settings].
- Navigate with the right arrow to [System Settings] and press [OK] on the remote control.
- Scroll down to [Settings] in the menu that opens.
- Right arrow navigation and scroll down to [Bravia Sync Settings] and press [OK] on the remote control.
NOTE: The menu may differ depending on the model.
Using the Sync Menu
To access the sync menu, press the Sync Menu button on your TV remote control; The menu includes the following options.
HDMI Device Selection (HDMI Device Selection)
Allows you to select Bravia Sync compatible equipment to be controlled remotely with the TV remote control.
Allows you to access the menus, options, and title list on the connected equipment, and turn off the equipment.
Allows you to switch the speaker output between your TV and connected audio equipment.
Displays the menus and options of the TV; also allows you to show/hide the indication displayed on the TV screen.
Return to TV
Allows you to return to the TV tuner (TV reception).