Emulator on a Linux Receiver
Install an Emulator on a Linux Receiver from a USB Drive. Install an MCAS, MGCAMD, OSCAM, WICARDD, or XCAM emulator plug-in into an Openbox, Octagon, Fortis, Skyway satellite receiver running on the Linux operating system to be able to watch closed (encoded) channels.
|Open-box||S4, S4Pro+, S5, S6, S6 Pro, S6+, S6Pro+, S7, S8, S9, SX4, SX4 Base, SX6, SX9, SX9 Combo|
|Skyway||Classic, Diamond, Droid, Light, Nano, Classic 2, Nano 2, Classic 3|
|Fortis||hs7110, hs7119, hs7420, hs7429, hs7810a, hs7819, hdbox|
|Octagon||918se+, 918Gse+, 1008G+, 1008se, 1008se+, 1008Gse+, 1008Pse, 1018, 1028P|
What you need?
To install the emulator you will need:
- one of the receivers listed in the table above, or equivalent;
- computer (recommended), smartphone or other device that can work with a USB drive;
- USB drive (“flash drive”).
To successfully install the emulator, all of the following conditions must be met.
- Connect receiver with TV
- Make sure there are no files or folders on the USB flash drive
How to Install an Emulator on a Linux Receiver from a USB Drive
- Prepare a USB flash drive, insert it into your computer’s USB port, and delete all files from it.
- Download the archive containing the emulator from its developer’s site or from your receiver’s support site.
- Create a folder on the USB drive called plugin.
- Unzip the files from the downloaded archive to the plugin folder, then correctly remove the drive from the computer.
- Turn on the TV and select to watch from the receiver.
- Insert the USB stick into the receiver’s USB port and wait for the download pop-up window to appear on the screen:
- Press the red button on the receiver’s remote control to begin the installation process.
- Wait for the receiver to reboot, which will happen automatically.
- Press the “Menu” button on the receiver’s remote control again, then select “Plugins”
- Make sure the emulator you have installed is visible in the installed list:
- Highlight the emulator in the list by going to it with the ∧ and ∨ buttons on the remote, then press the red button to select the startup type, and select “Auto” .
How to install an emulator on a Linux receiver from an update server
- Turn on the TV and select to watch from the receiver
- Press the “Menu” button on the receiver’s remote control, then select the “Plugins” item
- Press the blue button on the remote to go to the screen for selecting and loading plugins
- Uncheck all the boxes in the list of plug-ins by pressing the OK button, except for one of the following: MCAS, MGCAMD, OSCAM, WICARDD or XCAM (the name in the list may differ slightly)
- Click on the red button to start downloading the emulator plugin. This process usually takes a few seconds
- Click on the “Exit” button after the installation process is complete
- Agree to the suggestion to reboot the receiver if it is displayed on the screen
- Press the “Menu” button on the receiver’s remote control again, then select the “Plugins” item
- Make sure the emulator you chose to download is visible in the installed list