How to Upgrade Receiver VIA Satellite
|Satellite receivers require periodic updates to get the latest programming information|
Upgrade Receiver VIA Satellite
Satellite receivers require periodic updates to get the latest information about the program from your guide. Depending on the type of satellite receiver, you may need to or do not need to take steps to upgrade. If you have a Satellite TV Receiver (TVRO), you need to go to the manufacturer’s website to update it. However, if you own a satellite receiver from Dish Network or DIRECTV, it will be upgraded.
Update TVRO receivers
- Enter the website of the manufacturer. Find the “Download” or “Update” page to find the information you need to update the satellite receiver.
- Click to download the latest updates for the satellite receiver model. Updates take place in the software format that you download to the receiver, which will improve your work.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update of your satellite receiver.
DIRECTV and Dish Network updates
- Plug the cable from your internet router directly to the back of your satellite receiver.
- Keep the internet router all the time. Your satellite receiver will download the necessary updates via the Internet.
- Press the “Menu” button on the remote control to determine the exact time of updating your satellite receiver. Select “Settings” and then “Updates.” Use the up and down arrows on the remote control to determine the exact time that the update should take place.
- Try not to watch the TV when it’s time to update your satellite receiver. It will restart after the update process is complete.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.