Amiko A5 Combo 4K Review
Amiko A5 Combo Review
Amiko A5 Combo 4K is a new combined receiver, the successor of the Amiko A4 Combo / Satellite / T2 / C line. The novelty has received a new powerful processor, the user has a choice of the Android or Enigma2 operating system. In addition to the existing functions of watching satellite TV, DVB-T2 over-the-air and DVB-C cable television are available.
The Amiko A5 Combo 4K has an Amlogic S905D 1.5 GHz processor, which focuses on DVB reception features. The model uses 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal memory for storing programs and files. The receiver can use Enigma 2 images of OpenATV 6.2 and Kernel 3.14.29. The new MALI-MP450 graphics processor supports Main10 HEVC H.265 2160p60 and VP9 video.
The model has two USB 2.0 ports and one USB3.0 port with support for USB hubs, and one microSD slot. A gigabit network port, an integrated Wi-Fi module at 2.4 / 5 GHz, and Bluetooth 4.0 are responsible for connecting to a local network or the Internet.
The combo receiver runs under the operating system Android 7.1.2, the shell is very simple and easy to use and will help you quickly configure the receiver for an inexperienced user. DTV LinkDroid applications, the latest version of Kodi 17.6, YouTube 4K support, and Netflix 4K are already included in the basic configuration. In the console, you can configure IPTV reception (implemented through support for IPTV STB UEM and Stalker). Of the special features of the manufacturer notes the control and management of the receiver using mobile devices Android and iPhone.
Amiko Receivers Software Download
Choose a convenient OS
Many users prefer a specific operating platform. This can be either Enigma, which is built on the basis of the Linux OS, has wide customization, and a large selection of images. Or the device can work on Android OS – already familiar to many users. There are advantages to any of these operating systems, but now you can choose the preferred version for you. Yes, you understood correctly – if you are going to buy Amiko A5 Combo 4K, you choose what OS you will be working on. It is very user-friendly. The receiver is compatible with the most popular images on Enigma 2, for example:
Open ATV 6.2;
Enigma OS is installed from a flash drive and also works with it. That is, you can use two operating systems in parallel, which will not interfere with each other without erasing data and channel settings.
The heart of this receiver is an Amlogic S905D processor with a clock speed of 1.5GHz. This is a four-core processor. The Mali-450 MP chip is responsible for harmonic processing, which shows itself from the good side. RAM remained as much as in the previous version – 2 GGB. By today’s standards, this is enough to play IPTV and play Youtube, and surf the web. The only thing it would be better to still put a faster memory, such as LPDDR4. Built-in memory in the Amiko A5 Combo 4K 16 GB. This is enough for you to install everything you need programs and applications.
Satellite receiver Amiko A5 Combo 4K is equipped with all the latest technology. With the help of the receiver, you can broadcast DVB – S / S2, DVB – T / T2, and DVB – C signals. This is a great advantage over other manufacturers who offer products in this price category. Thanks to the Mali-450 MP graphics processor, the receiver supports the following codecs:
Main10 HEVC H.265 2160p 60 fps:
The default receiver is set to XBMC Media Center with support for playing various file formats.
Special features Amiko A5 Combo 4K
The above functions will be enough for most users who are going to buy Amico A5 4k combo, but that’s not all. You can control the receiver with the help of your smartphone, regardless of the platform. Someone will think that this is nothing, but you can synchronize your Gmail account and transfer all the necessary information to it. Also, you can control the receiver, wherever you are, within your home. You do not need to constantly approach the receiver, or move to another room. All this is done using Wi-Fi. Amiko A5 4K Combo can also distribute a signal to a smartphone or tablet, which makes it a multi-channel receiver.
The receiver turned out to be worthwhile. It will compete with many eminent manufacturers. The picture quality will suit the most demanding users. The speed of the receiver is at a high level. Naturally, for a more stable operation of the receiver, it should be updated to the latest firmware version, this can be done either by “air” or via USB.
Top 5 Reasons to Choose Amiko A5 Combo 4K
- Great price;
- OS selection;
- Excellent technical specifications;
- A possibility of remote control and signal transmission to other devices;
- Support DVB – S / S2, DVB – T, DVB – C.
- Fully compatible with DVB-S2, DVB-T / C, and DVB-T2 standards
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat), Linux Enigma2 operating systems.
- Amlogic S905D 1.5GHz Quad Core CPU / 2 GB DDR3 / 16GB ROM / GPU processor: Mali-450 MP / OpenGL ES 2.0 processor
- Control and control of the receiver using mobile devices Android and iPhone
- View streaming video from the receiver on a mobile device or computer
- Control the receiver from any computer or mobile device, wherever you are
- Support for various Internet services
- Ability to install additional plugins
- Many useful apps and add-ons from Google Play
- Built-in XBMC Media Center with support for various multimedia files
- 4K video support (media content only)
- Web Browser for browsing the web
- Maximum simplicity and convenience of the user menu
- Recording programs on external HDD and USB media (HDD and USB not included)
- HDMI video / audio output (576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 2160r)
- Built-in Wi-Fi module
- High-Speed Ethernet (RJ45) Port
- Two USB 2.0 ports and one USB3.0 port with USB hub support, one microSD slot
- A built-in universal card reader
- DiSEqC 1.1, 1.2, and USALS support
- Software update via USB, HTTP, FTP, OTA