MARKING OF SAMSUNG TVS (SAMSUNG) 2002-2020 (QLED, LED), SAMSUNG TV DECODING BY MODEL NUMBER
Samsung TV lineup
- Home TVs with QLED matrices
- Home TVs with LED matrixes
- Series The Frame (imitation of paintings).
- TVs for hotels, waiting rooms, etc.
Decoding of the marking of Samsung TVs (Samsung) 2008-2020
Decoding example of the model UE55MU8500TUXRU Samsung
- U – company product symbol (TV), each Samsung product is assigned an individual letter
- E – region for which the TV was released on a global scale without reference to a specific country, in this case
- E – Europe
- N – America, Korea,
- A – Australia, Oceania, Asia, Africa
- 55 – screen size in inches, diagonally.
How to know the year of manufacture of the Samsung TV
- T – 2020
- R – 2019
- N – 2018
- M – 2017
- K – 2016
- J – 2015
- H – 2014
- F – 2013
- E – 2012
- D – 2011
- C – 2010
- B – 2009
- A – 2008
How to find out what screen on the Samsung TV
U – a TV with a UHD resolution is installed on the TV. The designation of the TV model number implies an understanding of the resolution of the matrix on the TV. Note that the production of televisions with Full HD matrices is declining every year. Samsung produces 95% of TVs with UHD or 8K resolution matrices.
How to find out a Samsung TV series
- 8 – TV series, currently the concept of TV series is used less and less. The reason is that there are televisions of the same series, but their technical characteristics are very different. For example, there are RU8000 series and Q80R series, both TVs are of the same 8 series. But the image quality is very different, different types of screens are installed.
- 5 – TV model, as a rule, the larger the number, the greater functionality the TV has
- 00 – tv design
- T – tuner type
- UX – design
- RU – region for which the TV is made
Decoding of the model number of QLED TVs Samsung 2019-2020
Decoding example of Samsung TV model number on quantum dots 2019 QN65Q900RBFXZA
Changes from the previous designation of model numbers.
- The model number is indicated by two or three digits, 900, there were modifications of TVs in the series. In Europe, the Q90R and Q95R TVs are assembled. In other series, modifications also appeared. For TVs with a resolution of 8K, three digits are allocated. This distinguishes the marking of televisions with a resolution of 4K and 8K.
- The type designation for the screen is curved or flat. Perhaps Samsung will soon abandon the production of curved TVs.
- R – 2019
- T – 2020
- A first-generation TV did not have HDMI 2.1 ports
- B – HDMI standard 2.1 ports are added and the console is replaced with the 2019 model.
- F-type digital tuner
- X – TV design change
- ZA – two letters indicate the country for which the television is made.
Decipher the marking of QLED Samsung TVs.
- Q – TV Series
- N – region for which the TV was produced
- 65– inch screen size
- Q7 – repetition of the designation of the series, purely for marketing reasons
- C (F) – TV type C – curved or F – flat
- N – the year of development of the TV model
- A – type of applied backlight
- A– backlight type edge-lit LED (LEDs are placed on the sides of the screen)
- B – Full array (LEDs are located behind the entire screen area)
- FXZA is a letter designation, it can be used to determine for which country the TV is made, the type of digital tuners.