Mediaset Play Infinity is the new platform for streaming and on-demand of Mediaset offering in one place all the free content of Mediaset Play and those in charge of Infinity.
But what if switching to the new app or new site doesn’t work on your device? Here are the expert’s solutions.
First of all, check that the new app and the Mediaset Play Infinity website are compatible with your devices. Here is a detailed list:
PC and MAC
(Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge browser);
Smartphones and tablets ( Apple, Android, Huawei ):
- iOS version 11.0 and later
- Android version 5.0 (Lollipop) and later
Smart TV and decoder :
- Samsung Orsay Smart TV (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 2015 series)
- Samsung Tizen Smart TV (2015 series and later)
- Sony TV (2019, 2020) – Detail of enabled models
- Philips TVs (2019, 2020) – Enabled models detail
- Panasonic TV (2019, 2020) – Enabled models detail
- Hisense TV (2020) – Enabled models detail
- Telefunken TV (2019, 2020, 2021) – Details of enabled models
- Toshiba TV (2019, 2021) – Detail of enabled models
- Hitachi TVs (2019, 2020) – Enabled models detail
- JVC TV (2019, 2020, 2021) – Enabled models detail
- TV Schaub Lorenz (2020) – Details of enabled models
- LG Netcast (2014 series and earlier)
- LG WebOS (post-2014 series)
- Finlux TV (2020) – Details of enabled models
- Android TV
- Amazon Fire stick
- Decoder and Set-top box (Strong, ADB) – Details of enabled models
- Sky Q decoder
- Nvidia Shield
- Razer Forge
In the coming months Mediaset will also release compatible apps for PlayStation and Sony and Panasonic Smart TVs.
If your device is included in the list. The app or the new Mediaset Play Infinity website should work.
Register or use an Infinity or Mediaset Play account
If you already have the credentials of a Media set Play or Infinity account (or even for other Mediaset services such as Tgcom24, Sport Mediaset, or Le Irene). You can use them to access the new platform.
If you do not have a Mediaset online services account yet, you must register . To do this, do this:
- Enter the website or download the app from mobile or TV;
- Click on the Login button from the website or the Personal Area button from the app;
- then click on Register from the Login window;
- enter your email address, name, password, date of birth;
- to take advantage of some interactive features such as televoting, surname, place of birth, and gender are also required. But you can also skip entering these data;
- Click on Send ;
- after a few minutes you will receive an email to confirm the registration by clicking on the Activate Account button ;
- now the account is active and you can log in by entering your email and password. And if you want to buy a paid service you can enter the payment method.
To use the platform without limitations you must be on the Italian territory . You can see the paid content even if you’re in an EU member country and have turned on one of the channels Channel paid as Infinity + .
Pair a Smart TV device
But what if the new Play Infinity platform still doesn’t work? You must know that with an account of the new platform you can associate in addition to the PC up to a maximum of 4 devices at the same time . Once the first 4 devices have been associated, to associate a new one you will first have to delete one from the list . A maximum of 9 devices can be associated in one year .
To associate the Mediaset Play Infinity app with a Smart TV:
- Search the store of your compatible device for the Mediaset Play Infinity app, download and install it;
- tune in one of the Mediaset channels (on digital terrestrial or Tivùsat ) to display an invitation to press the up arrow on the remote control.
- by clicking on the button you activate the Mini TV App and you can browse the Mediaset contents while continuing to follow your favorite TV channel.
To Login to your Smart TV:
- select Login / Access in the side menu of the Smart TV app or from the my lists section of the Mini TV App ;
- enter the code you see on TV on the website indicated.
You can pair your device without entering your username/email and password. And you can log in automatically with the same account you use on the Mediaset Play Infinity website or app for smartphones or tablets.
By accessing the associated platform you can see, even on your TV. Your personal lists to find your favorite programs faster and continue watching the videos you have interrupted from any device on which you have logged in with your credentials.
How to activate and change the PIN
To confirm a rental of a content and enable the purchase of a paid content, or to set the Parental Control function, you must set the numeric code of the PIN. This 4-digit code is asked for in the first registration phase. You will then need the PIN created for both purchase protection and parental control.
The sections of the platform Change PIN and Child Protection are in fact protected by the PIN. And you must enter it before accessing them. Initially, the PIN enabling for purchase protection is switched off. If you buy a Channel or rent a movie, the PIN is not required.
However, you can set the PIN to authorize purchases. Access the User Area in the Purchase Protection section where you can change the purchase protection setting to ON: in this case, by clicking on a Channel or to rent a content, a pop-up will appear requesting the PIN to be entered.
If you forget your PIN code you can retrieve it, change it or, if you wish, even deactivate it. Enter the User Area and access the Purchase Protection section and follow the instructions in the pop-up.
- Reset Pin: click on Change PIN and follow the instructions in the pop-up window to receive your new PIN by email.
- Change Pin: go to the Change PIN section, enter your current PIN, and then you can set your new PIN.
- Deactivate or reactivate the PIN: from the User Area in the Purchase Protection section, you can change the setting for the purchase protection to ON. It is not possible to remove the parental control PIN request, but you can choose which content PIN protects directly from the profiles you have created.