To change the video format, you need a converter. There are both online services and desktop applications with which you can transcode videos from one format to another.
However, the list of formats supported by online converters is often limited to only the most popular ones. In addition, the online conversion process requires remarkable patience from the user. Applications do not work quickly. To put it mildly, and it takes additional time to download the transcoded file from the server.
Moreover, for the service to be able to successfully convert videos, a stable Internet connection is required.
Use a desktop video converter
In order not to waste time in vain, it is better to use a desktop video converter to change the video format. Such programs work much faster than online services and do not require an Internet connection. To avoid difficulties with playing any video files. You need to choose a desktop program that supports as many formats as possible.
Movavi Video Converter
A striking example of a universal converter is Movavi Video Converter. The application supports more than 180 formats. so that, it is able to recognize a video created using literally any codec.
This program is just a godsend for those who have come across a “mysterious” video of an unsupported format. And want to watch it as soon as possible, without wasting time experimenting or searching for information.
One of the main advantages of the program is the interface. So simple and intuitive that a user of any age who first encountered the conversion problem will master it in a couple of minutes.
With all the simplicity of the interface, the functionality of the program will satisfy the pickiest moviegoer. It is easy to change the format, bit rate, resolution using the application. Editing functions are provided. So you can cut a fragment from the video for GIF animation or your own clip if you want.
How to use Movavi Video Converter?
- Open the converter and click Add files in the upper left corner of the screen .
- In the menu that opens, select the Add video item . Then, you can add an arbitrary number of files to be converted.
- Click the Video button at the bottom of the screen.
- At the bottom of the screen, click on the button indicating the format in which you want to recode the file. For example, to convert to MPEG format, press the MPG button and select the desired profile.
- Click on the icon in the lower left corner representing the gear . In the Settings tab, set the desired frame size, bit rate and other characteristics.
- Click the Save in button (on the bottom panel) and select the directory where the program will write the recoded file.
- Press the Start button . At the end of the transcoding process, a folder with a file in the new format will open.
If Movavi Video Converter is installed on your PC or laptop. You can safely download video files of any format from the Internet: you can always recode them if necessary.